Since 1975, the firm has developed and successfully executed Holistic Winning Defense Strategies. Our firm has developed an excellent reputation, Nationally and Internationally. We have represented clients in 36+ of the 102 counties in Illinois. A list of current case locations is at the end of this post.
Our team approach continues to employ holistic winning strategies to obtain extraordinary results in complex and difficult cases that other lawyers said were impossible to win.
Our practice serves clients in Federal Courts within and outside the State of Illinois. Wigell Criminal Defense is currently representing clients nationally and internationally in the following Federal Jurisdictions and International Jurisdictions:
o Chicago, Northern District of Illinois (NDIL)
- Springfield, The Central District of Illinois (CDIL)
- Urbana, The Central District of Illinois (CDIL)
- Hammond, Indiana, U.S.A., Northern District of Indiana (NDIN)
- Southbend, Indiana, U.S.A. Northern District of Indiana (NDIN)
- St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.A. District Court of Minnesota (DCMA)
- St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A., Eastern District of Missouri (EDMI)
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., District Court of California, Central Division (DCCA)
- Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
- Charlotte, North Carolina, U.S.A.
- Dallas, Texas, U.S.A
- Istanbul, Turkey
- London, U.K.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WCD currently represents clients in the following State of Illinois courts:
- Cook County-Chicago (1st Municipal District)
- 26th and California
- Daley Center
- Cook County-Suburban Districts
Additionally, outside of Chicago, Cook County has 5 suburban districts which handle all criminal cases in the suburbs encompassed within the specified district
- 2nd Municipal District
- Rolling Meadows
- 3rd Municipal District
- 5th Municipal District
- 6th Municipal District
- Other Counties
- Will County, City of Joliet
- Lake County, City of Waukegan
- DuPage County, City of Wheaton
- Kane County, City of St. Charles
- Champaign County, City of Urbana
- Ogle County, City of Oregon
- Henry County, City of Cambridge
- Jackson County, City of Murphysboro
Representing clients in different federal jurisdictions and Illinois counties on the state level can be a challenging task to an attorney who does not regularly engage in practice outside of their home county or federal jurisdiction. Each federal jurisdiction and county court operates differently as they each have their distinct customs and terminology for certain court procedures. Judges and prosecutors in different federal jurisdictions and counties have varying local customs and protocols.
At Wigell Criminal Defense, having the opportunity to serve our clients in multiple federal jurisdictions within and outside the State of Illinois as well as counties throughout the State of Illinois have given us the opportunity to learn and assimilate to these different cultures. We also have learned how to positively interact with Judges and Prosecutors throughout these federal jurisdictions and counties to better serve our clients.
Another benefit to serving clients in multiple federal jurisdictions outside of Illinois and counties throughout Illinois is the experience that Wigell Criminal Defense brings to each and every case. Many local attorneys in the smaller outlying counties do not have the level of experience of handling complex felony cases. Many of the local attorneys do not handle complex felony cases on a regular basis as the volume of these types of cases is typically lower in smaller jurisdictions. Wigell Criminal Defense has handled all types of complex federal and state felony cases on multiple occasions throughout its 42+ years of practice.