Some of the charges that may come out of an investigation include:
- Money Laundering- The use of a “legal” business or entity to wash clean money or goods obtained illegally.
- Embezzlement – even a few dollars here and there out of petty cash can ultimately lead to charges of embezzlement. Something as simple as using a company vehicle for a family trip could potentially lead to embezzlement charges.
- Fraud- Insurance, Tax, Medicare/Medicaid, Loan, Mortgage, Consumer, Stock, Financial Institution fraud.
- Insider trading – your friend gives you a tip on a hot stock and before you know it, you are under investigation by the SEC for insider trading.
- Obstruction of justice – a colleague asks you to take some files home for him to pick up later and you don’t think anything about it until you find they are being investigated. Unbeknownst to you, these files are critical to the investigation and you are now being charged with obstruction.
- Possession/sale of Counterfeit goods – often involves copyright or trademark infringed goods.
- Political Corruption
Managers and assistants, Bosses and workers, Elected officials, Appointed Officials, accountants tax preparers, real estate agents, cashiers, secretaries and sales associates all are targets. Anyone involved in a situation that is business oriented is exposed. Facing a white collar crime investigation is intimidating and the law enforcement task forces that are investigating are well equipped in both technology and highly trained personnel.
When should you consider hiring the WIGELL CRIMINAL DEFENSE team?
NOW. ASAP. White collar crimes are pursued aggressively and methodically by federal and state prosecutors. Early intervention and representation is key to protecting you.
THE WIGELL CRIMINAL DEFENSE TEAM CAN HELP!
Wigell Criminal Defense Team has represented persons and business entities accused of white color crimes for decades. Our team approach is essential to the analysis of these complicated cases. We have forensic accountants and other experts at the ready.
Do not communicate with any investigators without an attorney. Regardless of how bad it appears we can review, investigate and work with you to mount a defense to any and all charges you, your friend or family menber may be facing. Call NOW!