Wigell Criminal Defense strives to deliver top quality representation. Since 1975, the firm has developed and successfully executed Holistic Winning Defense Strategies. Our firm has developed an excellent reputation not only throughout the State of Illinois, but outside the State of Illinois, Nationally and Internationally. Our firm represents clients charged with federal crimes in many states outside of Illinois as well as countries outside of the United States. Our firm has also represented clients in 36+ of the 102 counties in Illinois. A list of current case locations is at the end of this post.
Representing clients in different federal jurisdictions and Illinois counties on the state level can be a challenging task to an attorney who does not regularly engage in practice outside of their home county or federal jurisdiction. Each federal jurisdiction and county court operates differently as they each have their distinct customs and terminology for certain court procedures. Judges and prosecutors in different federal jurisdictions and counties have varying types of idiosyncrasies which can be challenging to work with.
At Wigell Criminal Defense, having the opportunity to serve our clients in multiple federal jurisdictions outside the State of Illinois and Unites States as well as counties throughout the state of Illinois have given us the opportunity to learn and assimilate to these different cultures. We also have learned how to positively interact with Judges and Prosecutors throughout these federal jurisdictions and counties to better serve our clients.
Another benefit to serving clients in multiple federal jurisdictions outside of Illinois and counties throughout Illinois is the experience that Wigell Criminal Defense brings to each and every case. Many local attorneys in the smaller outlying counties do not have the level of experience of handling complex felony cases. Many of the local attorneys do not handle complex felony cases on a regular basis as the volume of these types of cases is typically lower in smaller counties. Wigell Criminal Defense has handled all types of complex federal and state felony cases on multiple occasions throughout its 41+ years of practice. The firm has developed the skills and knowledge necessary to handle its cases diligently and effectively.
Wigell Criminal Defense provides top quality representation to all of its clients throughout the State of Illinois and the multiple jurisdictions outside of Illinois. Our team approach continues to employ holistic winning strategies to obtain extraordinary results in complex and difficult cases that other lawyers said were impossible to win.
Our practice serves clients in Federal Courts within and outside The State of Illinois. Wigell Criminal Defense is currently representing clients nationally and internationally in the following Federal Jurisdictions and International Jurisdictions:
- The Northern District of Illinois
- The Central District of Illinois
- Southbend, Indiana, U.S.A. (Northern District of Indiana)
- Davenport, Iowa, U.S.A. (District Court of Iowa, Eastern Division)
- St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.A. (District Court of Minnesota)
- St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A (Eastern District of Missouri)
- Los Angeles, California, U.S.A. (District Court of California, Central Division)
- Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
- Charlotte, North Carolina, U.S.A.
- Istanbul, Turkey
- London, U.K.
WCD currently represents clients in the following municipal districts:
- Cook County-Chicago (1st Municipal District)
- 26th and California
- Daley Center
- 555 West Harrison
- Cook County-Suburban Districts
- Additionally, outside of Chicago, Cook County has 5 suburban districts which handle all criminal cases in the suburbs encompassed within the specified
- 2nd Municipal District
- Rolling Meadows
- 3rd Municipal District
- 5th Municipal District
- 6th Municipal District
- Will County, City of Joliet
- Du Page County, City of Wheaton
- Kane County, City of St. Charles
- Kendall County, City of Yorkville
- Iroquois County, City of Watseka
- Grundy County, City of Morris
- Ogle County, City of Oregon
- Henry County, City of Cambridge